Sunday, June 19, 2011

Frozen Ham

The sister missionaries are coming over for dinner today, I've got it all worked out. Cheesy potatoes and leftover Easter ham. My only problem is how you defrost and reheat said ham without drying it out or having it taste like the freezer.

So I turn online for help. I found a great little forum on the question, but the more I read the more I found responses like this:

-You didn't make a spiral cut ham... all you did is open the package, heat, and eat... what you did is  *serve* a spiral cut ham.

-You're reheating leftover ham... it's NOT open heart surgery! sheesh

-ham bout a month ago and froze the leftovers.
oven
Lol...this is almost as ridiculous as the "How long to cook instant ramen?"
thread...

I am not making top ramen! I am trying to make a meal for guests!
And now I feel like a domestic flop who can't even reheat ham. Gr.

Some of us don't naturally have the "domestic food gene" and we are only capable of serving semi-homemade food because of the pretty pictures in the cookbooks or online youtube videos. 

On the plus side the sister missionaries are really nice, and even if it tastes like dog food something compels them to tell me it tastes wonderful. It is only later in the week my husband will fess up and tell me it was horrible. So I have a week of thinking I served a picture perfect meal regardless of what actually happens.

2 comments:

Heidi Ence said...

haha, you are cute. I wouldn't know what to do either. I would just guess and try something. Maybe add a little bit of water or pineapple and its juice in the oven for a half an hour or so. Who knows if it would work?

You aren't a flop, just a really cute person who doesn't know how to cook ham. =)

Allen said...

I am clueless when it comes to meats. I would have done the same search online.