Monday, March 21, 2011

Hope for Japan

When a huge disaster occurs like the earthquakes in Japan, or hurricane Katrina, I often feel helpless and a little detached because I know all my sad feeling and wishes for things to get better won't help. I watch the news reports, share with people in the feelings of saddness and amazement of the survivors. And that is it.

I don't know what changed this time. I guess I saw other people on Etsy donating a portion of their sales to the relief efforts and I decided- I could do that too. (maybe I saw one too many disney "you can make a difference" commercials, i dunno.)

So my sister and I decided to design and offer a special scrabble tile pendant in our Jubilation Studios store,  devoted to helping those in need in Japan. It isn't anything over top, just a simple statement of Hope.




The Japanese characters for "hope" are in the background, and the english word "hope" is in the foreground, reminding us that no matter who or where we are, we can have hope. 100% of the proceeds are being donated to relief efforts for Japan. The pendant is currently $6, though we have taken special orders for $10 pendants.
If you want to order one- click on one of buttons or links in this blog or on the side bar. If you hate Etsy and want to order via well, me, or if you want to donate more than $6 and still get a pendant, shoot me an email at jubilationstudios@gmail.com and we can set it up!

No comments: