Monday, January 17, 2011

Not really Goals

I've been thinking about this new year for nearly half of last year. I've slowly been formulating some "goals" or more like personal desires that I would like to work on now that Bradley is out of the 100% attention phase. We are in a 70-60% attention phase now.
So what do I want to do with my 30% + of time not spent on Brad??

Clean? Yea right.
Cook? Kinda.
Craft.... Yahtzee!

But I can't just craft all the time. First my dear hubby wouldn't appreciate the constant spending of hard earned funds with out any pay back other than self gratification. So I guess this needs to be a money making endeavor. And second, I do have to clean the house.

A few years ago I ordered a scrabble tile pendant from a seller on Etsy. I've been a little obsessed over the last year about it. I'm a good designer, I could easily design better imagery for these little tiles. I'm a good crafter. It only took me one try to figure out how to make these little guys. AND I already have a mother with a successful website so I could network between two websites.
For practice and for service... I used the tile pendants as an incentive project for my Young Women for church. So now I've had nearly a year of experience making them. And I've extensively experimented on papers, printers, glues, and done some dabbling in jewelery baubles. I think I'm ready to start this little project. Too bad I only have two naps a day to really get any work done.

So now I need another buddy to help me... Who do I know who wouldn't mind a few extra bucks a month who is already spends a lots of time on the net, a pro blogger and experimenter, whose husband already has his own etsy site... Heidi!!!! My dear sister.

So now I have a half baked plan to sell these pendants online with my sister doing the footwork on the Internet. Wish me luck and lots of sells!!

Oh yea, other "goals...."
um. Clean the stupid house more often. Paint the kitchen & bathroom. Get a haircut. Raise a charming and sweet boy.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I wanna see! Good luck! :)

Eileen said...

Love your new designs Steph and others will too! I'm so excited to sell your goodies on my site!
Mom

Heidi Ence said...

Yay for new adventures! Go us!