Tuesday, September 23, 2008

To sleep or not to sleep

I would imagine that after you've taken your dog for a long walk, or played really hard in the backyard, that your dog would come in and lay down. Or at least lay low for a few hours.


I took Portland down to the dog play area to play frisbee. We played for a while, ran for a while, and by the time we were done she could hardly walk up the stairs. Now you might think it is cruel to run your dog to the point where they walk up the stairs like an old man. But once she was back in the air conditioning, had a drink of water, and a good 10 min rest, this is what she did....

And after she was done with that she circled the room a few times and did this....

Now do you think this dog is tired?

She is. Trust me. If I sit on the floor with her for a few minutes she will be asleep in seconds. But if I continue doing chores, moving from room to room she will follow me getting crazier and naughtier as I go. I feel like she is at the tired two-year-old stage. Where everything is either hilarious or a catastrophe. She is on the verge of sleep but she wants to stay awake soooooo bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

steph. portland is the cutest doggie i have seen. we have watched this video a ton. we allmiss you and hope you are doing great. give that pup a scooby snack from us. iii DESiGN