Saturday, February 14, 2009

Monkey See Monkey Do

So my mom has her own successful website, her own creative blog and is part of this awesome network, Make Mine Pink, where she gets to meet and network with other online crafters and sellers. Her life long years of crafting, bazzars, and business expertiese have led her to online sales oddly enough.

I too, am a life long crafter, but I completely lack the bazzar or business skills she has developed. So I thought I'd ride her coat tails and steal a few of her ideas... so far it is working well!

Instead of selling on my own website, I sell handmade felt items on Etsy. Then I joined one of the "Etsy Groups" for Georgia which has blossomed into their own little network community. Now I get to write for their blog occassionally, and have designed their web banner! We'll see if this little business equation works for me as well as it works for my mom.

In the mean time, check out my first tutorial!!

2 comments:

Eileen & Karen said...

Ahh Steph! You inspire me every day! I'm so proud of all your talents and accomplishments. I'm not sure who is riding who's coat tails, but it's a great ride! Love you!
Mom

Mrs. Charity C. said...

did you design that North GA banner on that site???