Saturday, April 26, 2008

Monkey Cupcakes



Saturday was my ward's annual talent(less) show. Not being very involved in my ward, I thought that I would sign up to bring two dozen cupcakes. At the very bottom of the cup cake form I noticed it said something about decorating them... So I thought, "I know, I can use oreos as monkey ears," and didn't think too much more about it. Three hours before the program started I began baking my cupcakes. And luckily two hours later brian came home and helped me madly decorate my 24 monkeys. These are the left overs. All but 5 were eaten, which is actually impressive because there weren't that many people there.



After all that, I now have 15 extra, un-frosted, cup cakes. And a whole lot of oreos, frosting, and M&Ms (which I didn't end up using for the eyes because they looked really creepy).

Today Brian must have felt creatively inspires cooking-wise, because we had the most delicious dinner ever. Salmon on the grill-top, Parmesan shallot risotto, and asparagus.

I hope they have salmon in the south, I will really miss it otherwise.







2 comments:

Heidi Ence said...

Holy Moly! Salmon and monkey cupcakes. You are just crazy. They both sounded and looked good. I haven't cooked in a LONG time, I need to again. Maybe when you guys come! YEAH!

Marcene said...

love these cupcakes, I'll have to give them a try. Oh and salmon is my favorite food...your blog is making me very hungry